Friday, April 20, 2012

So I liked the blue and white so much that I just had to add more Milani Gems to a couple more bottles of clear shimmer/glitter nail polish.

Here they are, in all of their beauty:


















I just like glittery opaques so much.  In a way, these remind me of the glitter-based pink polishes like Lippmann Candy Shop (which I own one of) and Claire's, well, Candy Shop (and I have two bottles of this).  Here is a side by side of my glitter-based green with Claire's Candy Shop:


















Mine on the right, of course.

My green (like the blue, yellow, and white) doesn't have as much glitter as Candy Shop.  I mentioned before that since I'm using Milani Gems to franken with, I can only get so much glitter density.

I hear, however, that there are places where I can buy glitter that works in nail polish.  It's special and solvent resistant.  I tried sometime last year making my own glitter nail polish with glitter that I bought at Michael's, and while it looked nice for about an hour, it soon turned into a mess.  So I'll buy nail-polish safe glitter and see what I can do with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment