Thursday, June 13, 2013

Red, White, Pink

OPI has a gorgeous polish out right now called Minnie Style.  I mentioned it here before, and posted a manicure "inspired" by it.  Made up of red and white glitter, it's different from most glitter polishes.  I thought about buying it, but being it that I already have a ton of red and white glitter, I decided to make my own version.

Minnie Style, pictured below, has matte white and metallic red hex glitter, although some people seem to have gotten bottles containing white square glitter.

 

And it's really pretty.

However, I decided to play around with a few glitters and I made a version that has frosted hex glitter instead of opaque, matte red hexes instead of metallic, and matte pink hex glitter.  

I swatched it over several magenta, red, and pink polishes, and I finally settled on a color to use as an undie--Party Pink by Ruby Kisses.

My version, unnamed, shown below with and without flash.


It wasn't my intent to create an exact replica, so I love the way it turned out.  It's a keeper!

No comments:

Post a Comment