Thursday, March 7, 2013

Speckled Polish: The Trend

These speckled polishes by Ilumasqua are gorgeous.  Too bad they cost so much, huh?  Sixteen dollars a pop!













I attempted to replicate this on my own a few weeks back.  While I didn't (or didn't bother taking the time to see if I actually did) have the same sizes and shapes of black glitter, I don't feel that's very important because the glitter I DO have can still make a polish with the same overall look and feel.

I decided to try it in a color that isn't represented in the actual collection (a pale yellow), and after a few minutes of playing around, I came up with this:




















I don't have the actual polish on hand to compare it to, but from swatches I've seen, it's not that bad.

You wanna know the irony?  I love polish so much that I just decided to break down, in the end, and buy a set of the Ilumasquas.  But they're sold out, so I can't.  I was unsure of whether or not I'd try another bottle--after all, the recipe does need a bit of tweaking--but now it seems that if I want it in another color, I'm going to have to.

No comments:

Post a Comment